We enthusiastically accept event proposals from local artists and art organizations. Keep in mind that our guidelines for events are centered on our mission to support artists and are informed by the fact that we are a non-profit, secular, non-therapeutic organization.
Note that artists are required to be present for all open hours.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A host for your event to help with curating, set up, take down, and other hosting duties.
- Light catering, depending on the event.
- Professional marketing to include Facebook posts, targeted emails, and press releases.
- Pertinent, professional print design and creation.
- A welcoming facility complete with:
- Audience seating for up to 0165.
- Workshop seating for up to 12.
- Large, well-lit studio for performances, exhibitions, and workshops.
- Pedestals for display of three dimensional objects.
- Fully functional kitchen.
- Wi-fi for use during events.
- A small budget for workshop materials.
- Participant Registration (if needed)
- Ticket Sales (if needed)
- Sales Collection (see below)
In order to help defray our costs and sustain our programming, we gratefully accept a 35% commission on all sales emanating from your event. If the event incurs costs over and above our usual event budget, the commission will be calculated after expenses. Note, too, that the commission is 40% for offsite, ticketed events.
We are happy to collect sales on your behalf during your event. Please note the following:
- We can accept cash, check, and credit cards (VISA, MC, DISC)
- Credit card sales have a 2.75% swipe fee.
- Sales Tax and we will submit it to the state.
Within a week of your event, we will mail you
- A final sales accounting,
- a written sales record from the event
- a check for your total sales, minus the Surel’s Place commission (thank you!)
We have two annual deadlines as follows:
- September 1: For events to occur during January – May of the following year, beginning four months after the deadline.
- March 1: For events to occur during July-November of the same year, beginning four months after the deadline.
Please submit the following items
- Online Art Event Application
- Proposal (typed, 1 page)
- Workshop Outline (if applicable)
- Sample Images (if applicable)
- no more than 3 images
- smallest side exactly 7″
- image list
All proposals must be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org and all
proposal materials must be submitted simultaneously.