We welcome your application for our open position: a part-time staff assistant to help carry out the organization’s mission to provide professional creative live-in residencies and fully supported art events for local artists and patrons. The staff assistant performs administrative duties, communicates with stakeholders, helps to maintain data, and aids staff with ongoing and special projects.
The ideal candidate will be reliable, detail oriented, organized and able to work both independently and collaboratively, with demonstrated administrative and customer service experience. An interest in the arts is preferred.
Hours: 15-20 hours/week
Pay: $10-$14/hour, depending on experience
Deadline: February 15, 2018
Documents: Place the following documents in one email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Attention Staff Search Committee” in subject line.
- Cover letter
- Two professional references including their email addresses, phone numbers and a brief descriptions about and timeline of your relationship to each person.
- Proven success with administrative tasks
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Proven high level proficiency with all Microsoft Office applications; competency and comfort with all other standard computer and internet applications, including social media and email marketing platforms (Mailchimp)
- Ability to work flexible hours in relationship to programmatic activities
- Ability to work remotely
Answer phone calls and emails from stakeholders (or forward communications to other staff), organize and maintain electronic files and folders, gather and input data, schedule meetings, process mail, process donations, make bank deposits, locally deliver and pick up work-related items, and help with research and editing, among other duties.
Work with maintenance staff, volunteers and vendors to identify issues (largely identified thorough ongoing quarterly inspections), research solutions and ensure that the building and grounds are well-supplied, well-tended and in good repair.
Occasionally help host our public events, as needed, support programming efforts for both artists-in-residence and local artists served by Surel’s Place, as needed, and process programming evaluations and prepare reports.
Help implement social media and electronic marketing efforts including Facebook, Mailchimp, Instagram and Twitter.